- Sending an ad file through RapidAd does not automatically reserve space in The News-Journal, Volusia Pennysavers or the Complete Phone Book. Please call your Advertising Sales Rep to reserve space and obtain our deadline schedules.
- We produce all ads using QuarkXpress 7.5 or Adobe Illustrator (the Complete Phone Book) on the Macintosh platform. If you have created the file on a PC, the file must be saved in tiff, pdf or jpeg format.
- For files created on a Mac or PC, the following formats can be submitted: tiff, eps, jpeg, pdf or original application file (acceptable programs listed below).
- The following native application program files may be submitted to us:
Quark Express 7 or Quark 6
Adobe Illustrator CS3 or older
Adobe Acrobat 8.0 or older(Preferred format is a PDF version 1.4 file.)
Adobe Photoshop CS3 or older
- If you are submitting a native file, always use a compression program like Stuff-It or WinZip.
- Colors - Use only Process colors and combinations of process colors. Do Not assign any spot or Pantone colors to your ad. It will Not separate correctly. Our Quality Control Impress piece includes color combinations using process colors. Your sales rep can provide this or it can be downloaded here.
- Resolution - Newspaper resolution is 85 lines per inch or 200 ppi (photoshop halftones). To see a more complete explanation of resolution and its effect, please see our Quality Control Impress piece. Your Sales Rep has a copy or it can be downloaded here.
- Fonts - use type 1 or open type fonts only. Do not create ads using either dfonts or menu styled fonts for best results. Include all fonts (printer and screen) with your native ad file. If you provide a .pdf format, make sure that all fonts have been embedded.
- Note to MAC OSX users - OSX includes a font format called ".dfonts" (example: monaco.dfont). These fonts are located in the /Library/Fonts area of your hard drive. We cannot accept these .dfonts at the present time.
- Art - use only .eps or .tiff format. The resolution for halftones is 85 line/200 dpi screen. The resolution for bitmap is at least 600 dpi. All art must be included with your native file unless you provide a .pdf format.
- Web Art - Do not send any art that you have downloaded from the internet UNLESS it is 200dpi for halftones or 600-1200 dpi for line art. Most web art is 72 dpi and NOT suitable for printing.